Before completing the application, please confirm your contact information is up-to-date in your member profile.
We are seeking volunteers to serve on NPMA's Diversity Council for the 24-25 volunteer year.
Committee Charge: The Finance and Audit Committee shall:
- Review and recommend financial policies to the Board including ensuring adequate internal controls and maintaining financial records in accordance with standard accounting practices;
- Have complete access to all financial records of the Association;
- Safeguard NPMA’s assets;
- Review proposed significant funding implications (mortgage, Lines of Credit, etc.) recommending approval or disapproval to the Board;
- Set guidelines for investments;
- Ensure that the organization has the proper risk management provisions in place, including appropriate insurance coverage for the organization and for the Board; and
- Receive the proposed annual budget developed by the Executive Committee prior to dissemination to the Board of Directors.
The Finance and Audit Committee also ensures that the organization has an independent audit of its financial statements annually, receives the audit report and any other reports relating to the audit or the assets and reports the auditor’s findings and recommendations to the Board. The annual audit shall be completed within four months of the end of the fiscal year by an independent Certified Public Accountant and presented at the Board Meeting held in conjunction with the convention. This independent CPA will also file all appropriate tax returns including the 990 and 990T. The Finance and Audit Committee and the Executive Committee will be responsible for the management and facilitation of the audit and said auditing entity will report directly to the Finance and Audit Committee and Executive Committee.
Time Commitment: This is a one-year term, beginning July 1. Two face-to-face meetings annually—Legislative Day and PestWorld. Additional teleconference meetings as needed.
Eligibility: Be a current employee in an NPMA member company or have an active individual membership in NPMA. Individual must also be available to attend in-person committee meetings, as noted above, with backing of employer.
Allied members (those member companies who are industry suppliers) are welcome to apply and participate on NPMA committees in limited numbers.